They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
Start of Play – December 19, 1879
- People recover from Ghostfire bomb blast. Witness Shanty Town burning.
- Lacy and Hank persuaded that there’s no way anyone can be saved, and the heat would kill them.
- Lacy vows to expose truth, tells posse of Explorer’s Lodge inside of Shan Fan
- Allison Shaw fills group in on Lost Angels, Grimme’s church
- Mass attended. George Washington Woolbright says Grimme is alive, negotiating with Hellstromme
- Posse sets out for Lion’s Roar to catch a coach to Shan Fan. Resupplies at excessive prices.
- Coach set off for Fellheimer’s Folly, the first stop on the road. Encounters some starving “people”
- People attack, terrify coach driver and horses
- Battle ensues. Coach escapes, but Hank and one horse scratched.
- Augustus identifies creatures as Faminites, things possessed by an evil spirit that spread infection through contact.
- Pulling into town, the scratched horse looks unhealthy. It is stabled and watched by Doc Lee
- In morning, Doc Lee falls asleep. Horse bites stableboy.