Go out to the flock and bring me two choice young goats, so I can prepare some tasty food for your father, just the way he likes it.
Start of Play – December 20, 1879
- Doctor Lee informs posse that Joseph Humiger was bitten by their infected horse. Blame is passed around.
- Augustus Klein III asks around for medical/spiritual help. Identifies two possible avenues
- Trevor and Augustus seek out Old Lady Edwina. She is unhelpful, but may know more than she sees.
- Hank Sanders pays Callie Huminger to have her son help him out for the day
- Doctor Herman Grey shows off his insane experiments involving resurrection. Tells of rumour that the “Faminite plague” appeared here before
- Trevor stalks Edwina to Marshal Lila Wilt, where the Marshal blames Edwina for this mess.
- Posse confronts Edwina, admits she had a vision which led someone to a seaside shipwreck. When he returned, he turned into the first Faminite.
- House of first victim raided, maps discovered, probably shipwreck located.
- Marshal Wilt convinced to ride with posse to investigate.
- Shipwreck discovered. Faminites fought.
- Hunger Spirit emerges. Proves immune to normal gunfire. Doctor Lee has abnormal gunfire and destroys it
- Those who were infected appear to recover, but existing Faminites remain.