Start of Play – April 11, 1880
End of Play – April 20, 1880
Time to Church Gathering: 125 Days
Start of Play – April 7, 1880
- Dr. Lee attempts to heal automaton. Somehow that “science” repairs the “robot”
- Hank successfully reconnects automaton’s voice box. Identifies himself as father, who thought he had been “wounded” in an accident
- Hellstromme convoy spotted off in the distance, likely to try and reclaim missing property
- Trevor sets ambush, while Augustus goes out to negotiate with Hellstromme
- Leveraging past work with Hellstromme, collection agency dissuaded from search.
- Automaton left behind, blood rune claimed by Fergus.
- Return to Shan Fan for shopping, investigation into further runes.
- Ambush plotted by Andrea Baird ensares Augusts, Trevor and Hank.
- Group survives, but Hank critically wounded and fight draws attention of the Shan Fan Triad, who arrest the group and take them to see Big Ears Tam
End of Play – April 11, 1880
Time to Church Gathering: 134 Days
Start of Play – March 31st, 1880
- Recap made to the leaders of the New Tomorrow Triad regarding the truth of Reverend Ezekiah Grimme, and the quest to reclaim the Blood Runes
- Elders promise to investigate. Mention the city of Dragonstone, where a tame Maze Dragon can be found, possibly related to the Dragon rune
- Return trip made to Shan Fan to check in with Explorer’s Society
- Island nearby Shan Fan matches the vision given to them earlier, another Rune suspected to be there.
- Rutherford Ellington Dillenger has also located two more Runes from the Explorer’s Society, and that the island is owned by Big Ears Tam who punishes trespassers
- Dillinger also gives a telegram from Lacy O’Malley that Andrea Baird has taken Guardian Angels on a trip North.
- Rune to the East of Shan Fan sought as it is the closest to their location. Edgar Thornby re-hired to escort them to search the area.
- Team splits into two. Contacts two ranches, the Conway and the Hester ranches.
- Hank Sanders and Trevor locate a crashed train in the middle of the desert that the group decides to investigate the next day
- At night, Fergus O’Brannigan and Dr. Lee successfully help to fight off a group of Gyonshee – Chinese vampires
- In the morning, the train is a crashed, experimental Wasatch train, with Black River operatives lying dead nearby. Other than the dead conductor, no other Wasatch personnel found
- Tracks found leading away to another group of dead Witches. Augustus Klein III finds indication of a collapse into a fissure – a likely hiding spot for a Rune
- Daniel Conway found spying on them nearby. Afraid they’re going to take his injured father away from them. Half of group goes to talk to father, other half goes into cave.
- Fergus and Hank descend into the Cave to find the Rune of Soul buried under the ground
- Remainder of the group meet Daniel’s father – a Hellstromme Automaton that seems to be acting as if it was once alive…
End of Play – April 7th, 1880
Time to Church Gathering: 138 Days
Start of play – March 29, 1880
- Papa Rattlesnake defeated after a large battle, involving many snake shaped enemies and puns
- Cold Burning Shadow killed after trying to kill Born in a Bowl
- Doctor Lee and Hank Sanders manage to stabilize Born in a Bowl
- Upon returning to Necessity Alliance, Born in a Bowl prepares a vision quest to contact the spirit of her sister
- Spirit Quest accepted by all, taken back to pre-Great Quake California, inside of Grimme’s church in then-standing Los Angeles
- Group immediately experiences the Great Quake, sending them into the ocean
- Relive a few days of starvation, Reverend Grimme attempts to keep group from descending into cannibalism to survive
- War breaks out between faithful and unfaithful. In the end the 13 Elders who are pro-cannibalism and Grimme, who remains opposed, survive
- Elders eat Grimme, then most of the other survivors.
- Elders sleep, and are awoken by Famine, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse who turn them into her Servitors – chosen agents on this plane of existance
- Famine resurrects Grimme as a vessel for the Elders’ souls, as long as he lives they cannot truly die, and as long as they live he is immortal.
- Famine uses the dying energy of the remaining souls to seed the land with Ghost Rock, to draw people to this place
- Vision ends. Sees Far Ahead informs them that the Blood Runes are bindings on Earth spirits, and if claimed they will seek vengeance on Grimme.
- Group returns to present day, terrified.
End of play – March 31, 1880
Start of Play – March 27, 1880
- Posse finds many deceased Natives on the trail up to the mesa with the Necessity Alliance
- Dr Lee hides so as not to inflict terrible Charisma on negotiations. Augustus Klein III appreciates it, and talks their way in past Eyes Like Fire
- Group meets with Stalks The Night who informs them that the Alliance was attacked by the Rattlesnake Clan, and all older shamans were kidnapped or killed
- Hank Sanders renders medical assistance to the injured and does very well, earning a lot of goodwill.
- Augustus and Fergus O’Brannigan attempts to interrogate prisoner. She bites Augustus, requiring medical aid from Cold Burning Shadow
- Trevor had his perfectly reasonable suggestion to harvest venom from the dead prisoners refused.
- Necessity Alliance agrees to attack Rattlesnake Clan to buy time for rescue of Born in a Bowl
- During preparation, Cold Burning Shadow warns Hank that Eyes Like Fire cannot be trusted.
- Party muses that their names are inferior compared to Necessity Alliance
- Captain Jennings sets off for Grotto. Eyes Like Shadow explains power difference in Necessity Alliance
- Cave infiltrated. Room with straw and burlap dolls encountered. Hank prevented from setting fire to them.
- Room with barely-living creatures encountered. Hank attempts to save, they attempt to swallow their soul. He is saved, though he and Fergus both are exhausted by the attempt
- Fergus discovers Blood Runes inscribed on the bodies of the prisoners that weren’t exploded.
- Captured prisoner found, jailer explodes into rattlesnakes, which charge…
End of Play – March 29, 1880
Start of Play – March 4, 1880
- Encampment of the Necessity Alliance is located
End of Play – March 27, 1880
Start of Play – March 1, 1880
- Dinner concludes with Emperor Joshua Norton I. He discusses his dreams of Floods, and how they are sent to punish the wicked.
End of Play – March 3, 1880
Start of Play – February 18, 1880
- Party bids farewell to Lacy O’Malley, who gets them passage to Kwan Province for rehabilitation of Job Hogleg Dunston and Sam Hellman.
- Journey to Silent Summit uneventful, but coach forbidden from moving any further. Dr. Lee indicates that there is a breakdown in immigration process.
- Investigation by Augustus Klein III and Trevor finds that governor is missing from settlement
- Fergus O’Brannigan learns that Warlord Kwan deals with intruders very harshly on his lands, and has been actively hiring new merecenaries.
- Hank Sanders gets himself hired as a lumberjack. Lots of job openings apparently.
- Posse, minus Dr. Lee, heads out to the woods to look for missing lumberjacks. Discover abandoned, barricaded cabin.
- Cabin infiltrated via ceiling. All barricades still intact, but weapons thrown about and some blood on floor.
- Unfinished basement has heavily churned soil, but no sign of bodies after Trevor and Hank dig.
- Augustus discovers a petroglyph drawn in one of the miner’s diaries, runs outside to look for rock formation, attacked by tree roots.
- Posse chases after injured tree roots which appear to be leaking blood. Discover giant, blood red oak tree.
- Tree ambushes party, fight ensues. Governor’s group discovered to be alive. Augustus puts down tree which bursts into blood and rotted flesh.
- Missing lumberjacks discovered buried, with saplings growing out of their chests.
- Tree Petroglyph discovered in crevasse under giant tree and destroyed
- Group allowed to pass through, meet Emperor Joshua Norton I and Warlord Kwan. Emperor Norton begins singing about Noah and the Flood.
End of Play – March 1, 1880
Start of Play – February 14, 1880
- Decision made to bring dynamite to The Rock. Never hurts.
- Distraction by pirates arranged by Lacy O’Malley, group infiltrates Rock.
- Sewage pipe filled with human remains. Trevor quickly prevents torrent of human waste from landing on Dr. Lee
- Initial infiltration sees Trevor killing patrolling scientist to keep cover
- Augustus Klein III and Fergus O’Brannigan discover human slaughterhouse. Bluff their way past a “snacking” guard
- Dr. Lee invents way to clean smell of sewer off of them. Proceed to cells. Bluff their way past guard.
- Prisoners identified: Sam Hellman, Charlie Bill Buckner, Job Hogleg Dunston, Vixen Tucker
- Hank Sanders murders guard when Charley Buckner recognises posse.
- Sam reports that Elders of Grimme are “monsters”, tells party to warn.
- In sub-basement, find 13 suites for the Elders. Investigate, but ambushed by Andrea Baird. Baird killed after a skirmish, dissolves into ash.
- Key retrieved from her clothing, and posse flees the way they came.
- Vixen stays behind to detonate ghost rock boiler in Lighthouse, cripple The Rock
- Mysterious storm prevents fire from spreading to bulk of the island.
- Sam informs group about the Necessity Alliance – a group of Shamans dedicated to defeating Grimme.
End of Play – February 15, 1880