Start of Play – May 14th, 1880
- In order to protect the Ghostrock bomb, Dr. Lee takes it to an undisclosed location and will study it in secret
- To distract pursuers, the posse continues its Investigation into the church and tracking the Blood Runes.
- Rumours turn up disquieting behaviour in Jehosaphat Valley – a graveyard where the bulk of Lost Angels’s dead end up
- Stealthy investigation indicates that the graveyard is like a fortress run by the Church, with defensive turrets that point in and not out
- Any are welcome to be buried, but funerals are private – a plan is made to enter. Trevor will take his sedative to appear dead, while Fergus O’Brannigan and Augustus Klein III will use Dr. Lee’s invisibility gadgets to enter.
Hank Sanders remains outside with a large crate of dynamite to cause a distraction if and when an escape is needed.
- Infilitration is successful, and tracking down the Blood Rune is hampered by the dead bodies having been eaten as suspected, and the bones just left out as macabre obstacles for the landscape.
- The trio were led to a cleft in the mountain, but a giant bone guardian erupted to hinder their progress – their weapons could damage it, but it would regrow from the ample supply of bones around.
- Augustus and Fergus managed to successfully distract it while Trevor made it into the cave, and placated the blood rune.
- Setting off a signal flare, Hank detonated the dynamite but was badly injured by arriving Guardian Angels, and he was unable to meet up with the group.
- Now down to just three, the posse hurried off into the distance to try and lose their pursuers, and continue to track down the remaining Runes before time ran out.
End of Play – May 27th, 1880