Start of Play – February 18, 1880
- Party bids farewell to Lacy O’Malley, who gets them passage to Kwan Province for rehabilitation of Job Hogleg Dunston and Sam Hellman.
- Journey to Silent Summit uneventful, but coach forbidden from moving any further. Dr. Lee indicates that there is a breakdown in immigration process.
- Investigation by Augustus Klein III and Trevor finds that governor is missing from settlement
- Fergus O’Brannigan learns that Warlord Kwan deals with intruders very harshly on his lands, and has been actively hiring new merecenaries.
- Hank Sanders gets himself hired as a lumberjack. Lots of job openings apparently.
- Posse, minus Dr. Lee, heads out to the woods to look for missing lumberjacks. Discover abandoned, barricaded cabin.
- Cabin infiltrated via ceiling. All barricades still intact, but weapons thrown about and some blood on floor.
- Unfinished basement has heavily churned soil, but no sign of bodies after Trevor and Hank dig.
- Augustus discovers a petroglyph drawn in one of the miner’s diaries, runs outside to look for rock formation, attacked by tree roots.
- Posse chases after injured tree roots which appear to be leaking blood. Discover giant, blood red oak tree.
- Tree ambushes party, fight ensues. Governor’s group discovered to be alive. Augustus puts down tree which bursts into blood and rotted flesh.
- Missing lumberjacks discovered buried, with saplings growing out of their chests.
- Tree Petroglyph discovered in crevasse under giant tree and destroyed
- Group allowed to pass through, meet Emperor Joshua Norton I and Warlord Kwan. Emperor Norton begins singing about Noah and the Flood.
End of Play – March 1, 1880